Saint Petersburg Metro
Like the Moscow Metro, the St Petersburg Metro is simple to use and the quickest and most economical way to move throughout the city.
Quick Facts and Links - St Petersburg Metro
• formerly known as Leningrad Metro
• 16th largest subway system in the world serving almost 3 million passengers daily
• deepest subway system in the world
• the metro in Saint Petersburg (then Leningrad) opened with seven metro stations in 1955
• photography within the metro is forbidden, although professional photography and cinematography is permitted provided you first obtain permission
• as of 2007 the St Petersburg Metro had 60 stations, while an ongoing expansion plan should significantly expand the metro over the next half century
• official website of the Saint Petersburg Metro (Russian)
• see also, Wikipedia's Saint Petersburg Metro page
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to St. Petersburg Forum.